Eugene A. Giotto is a trial attorney with three decades of experience. He has tried cases to verdict in dozens of jurisdictions across the country. Gene regularly represents corporate clients in consequential disputes involving seven or eight-digit damage claims and the potential for devastating reputational harm.
Today, Gene’s trial practice encompasses several substantive legal areas:
Health Law. Gene handles litigation involving health care entities and health regulations, with a particular focus on assisting long-term providers such as senior living, home health, and skilled nursing facilities. He serves as chair of Cozen O’Connor’s Long-Term Care Litigation practice.
Personal Injury Law. He defends large corporate clients in multimillion dollar catastrophic personal injury, toxic tort, and products liability lawsuits. Gene has successfully defeated such claims against engineering, heavy metals, construction, medical device, and commercial real estate entities.
Complex Commercial Litigation. Gene represents corporate clients in business disputes that involve breach of contract claims, covenants, director and officer liability, and other commercial matters.
In each of these domains, Gene has a national reputation for being trial tested and trial ready. That stated, Gene’s first priority is to resolve disputes as efficiently and economically as possible. He is often able to leverage his unassailable trial preparation into early and advantageous settlements.
Gene also provides high-level pre- and post-litigation counseling. Specifically, he helps clients manage agency interactions, contract review, compliance training, and risk assessment in an effort to prevent litigation from proceeding or to cope with its aftermath.
Gene received his bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University and his master’s degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He earned his law degree from Duquesne University School of Law.
- Representation of an international steel manufacturer involving claims of wrongful death and catastrophic injuries stemming from a furnace explosion.
- Ongoing representation of a university and its athletic coaches in litigation involving spinal cord and brain injuries arising from claims of negligent supervision and training.
- Representation of a governmental entity involving claims of wrongful and life debilitating impairment stemming from a structural collapse of steel girders and beams.
- Ongoing representation as lead counsel for several long-term care providers in a variety of matters including patient care litigation, employer liability, general liability and regulatory compliance issues including representation of one of the nation’s largest long-term care providers.
- Successful defense of a national construction general contractor involving claims of permanent injury and horrific disfigurement arising from a motor vehicle accident at a rural construction site.
- Represented Attis Industries, Inc. (f/k/a Meridian Waste Solutions, Inc.) as borrower in connection with the closing of a Second Restated Credit and Guaranty Agreement by and among the company, its direct and indirect wholly owned subsidiaries, and Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group, L.P.
- Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 1989
- Indiana Univ. of Pennsylvania, M.A., 1985
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 1983
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
Rate : $$$