Eugene Paul Caiola represents clients in the real estate industry in connection with leasing, disposition, acquisition, development and financing of office, multi-family, condominium and mixed-use properties. He has an active New York City office and retail leasing practice and represents retail landlords throughout the United States. Mr. Caiola participated in the drafting of a model form of office lease, model form of contract and commentary for the sale of office, commercial and multi-family buildings and a model form of retail lease for the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
Mr. Caiola also has extensive experience representing lending institutions in originations, modifications and the sale of loans and REO property.
From 2002 to 2004, Mr. Caiola served as a law clerk to the Honorable Nina Gershon in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Caiola was recognized as a 2014 New York “Rising Star” in the area of Real Estate by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Represented seller in disposition of 124 unit multifamily property in Brooklyn.
- Represent New York City area developer in acquisition of multifamily property completed in 24 hours to avoid foreclosure.
- Represented bidder in acquisition of loan secured by hospitality property.
- Represented lender in $10,000,000 sale of REO property located in Miami, Florida.
- Represented lender in the restructuring and ultimate disposition of broken condominium project in Brooklyn.
- Represented developer in the acquisition of financing for the construction of a mixed-use condominium in Tribeca.
- Represent equity partner in restructuring of operating agreement pertaining to $200mm condominium development.
- Represented special servicer and CMBS trust with the negotiation and sale of an $80,000,000 loan secured by office property located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented multiple technology companies in leases at 1 World Trade Center.
- Represented a national financial institution in the negotiation of a retail lease.
- Represented international clothing retail tenant in lease renewal and expansion in SoHo.
- Served as lead counsel to seller of option to purchase development property in Brooklyn, New York, which was subject to foreclosure proceedings.
- Drafted, negotiated and closed a $20,000,000 restructuring of a defaulted acquisition and construction financing.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. (2000)
- Marist College, B.A. (1997) cum laude
- New York (2001)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York – Honorable Nina Gershon
Rate : $$$$