Felicia Gerber Perlman represents clients in a variety of complex business reorganizations, debt restructurings and insolvency matters. Ms. Perlman has advised debtors, creditors, lenders, investors, sellers, purchasers and other parties-in-interest in all stages of restructuring transactions from Chapter 11 reorganizations to out-of-court negotiations, workouts and acquisitions.
She is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy topics. In addition, she has been recognized in Turnarounds & Workouts as one of the nation’s “Outstanding Young Bankruptcy Lawyers” and repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America.
Ms. Perlman received the 2017 Flex Success Award from The Diversity & Flexibility Alliance for her commitment and success in creating and working in a flexible environment. Ms. Perlman also was named by Crain’s Custom Media as one of “Chicago’s Notable Women Lawyers” in 2018. Ms. Perlman has represented a diversified group of clients, including:
- Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. in its prepackaged Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Dendreon Corporation, a biotechnology company, in its Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware;
- Millennium Health, LLC in its voluntary prepackaged Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware;
- LifeCare Holdings, Inc., an operator of long-term acute care hospitals, and its debtor affiliates in their Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware;
- VeraSun Energy Corp., one of the nation’s largest producers of ethanol, in connection with its Chapter 11 reorganization and the sale of its business;
- Comdisco, Inc., a global provider of technology and other equipment and services, in its Chapter 11 reorganization;
- Favorite Brands International, Inc., a manufacturer of candies and confectioneries, in connection with its Chapter 11 reorganization and the sale of its business;
- Reliant Resources, Inc., a provider of electricity and related services, in its successful out-of-court restructuring; and
Ms. Perlman also has represented creditors and other parties in interest in troubled situations. She has represented Credit Suisse First Boston, JPMorgan Chase and other lenders as agents in Chapter 11 cases both as DIP lenders and as prepetition lenders.
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 1992
- B.S.E./B.A., Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, 1989
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, Board of Directors of the Women in Law Empowerment Forum
- Member, Board of Directors of the Chicago Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law Firms (2008-Present)
- Member, Board of Directors of Chicago Sinfonietta
- Member, American College of Bankruptcy
Rate : $$$$