Ferve E. Khan is a practiced bankruptcy litigator and transactional attorney who has extensive experience in large-scale liquidations and restructurings. She has represented creditors in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in industries such as retail, automotive, financial and professional services. Ferve has also litigated a wide range of matters in Chapter 11 and SIPA cases.
Ferve is the co-chair of the American Bankruptcy Institute Bankruptcy Litigation Committee. She regularly speaks and writes on topics related to bankruptcy litigation, and has presented on numerous occasions at the New York State Bar Association, Strafford Publications, Lawline and other forums.
She has also been published in outlets such as Law 360, the American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, and the Norton Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law on cutting-edge topics, including make-whole premiums, Chapter 9 of the Bankruptcy Code and the Trust Indenture Act.
- In re Eastman Kodak Co.: Represented the creditor in the reorganization proceeding of a film and camera producer in connection with a contractual claim, including advising on the secured nature of the claim.
- In re Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP: Represented the retired partners’ group in the liquidation proceeding of a global law firm, including advising on participation in a global settlement.
- Represented a receiver of Michael Kenwood Capital Management, LLC, an international investment advisor located in Stamford, Connecticut, and related offshore hedge funds, including litigating recovery actions.
- In re Simply Wheelz LLC: Represents the creditor in the reorganization proceeding of the car rental company.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bankruptcy Litigation Committee: Co-Chair (April 2017 to present)
- American Bankruptcy Institute Journal: Coordinating Editor, Financial Statements Column (2014 to 2017)
- New York State Bar Association
- Committee on Women in the Law: Co-Chair (2014 to 2017)
- Federal Bar Council
- 2013 Fall Bench and Bar Retreat: Co-Chair
- First Decade Committee (2009 to 2016)
- Financial Women’s Association (2013 to 2016)
- Cornell Law School Alumni Association
- Alumni Curia Society Annual Dinner Planning Committee
- Brown Alumni Students Committee
- American Turkish Society
- J.D., Cornell University Law School, Cornell International Law Journal: articles editor, Legal Information Institute Bulletin: managing editor; 2008
- B.A., Political Science, Brown University, magna cum laude, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York
Rate : $$$$