G. Mark Jodon focuses his practice on employment-related litigation, including wage and hour collective actions, specifically handling matters related to : Employment discrimination, Minimum wage and overtime claims.
He represents clients in state and federal courts, in labor arbitrations and in administrative hearings before the National Labor Relations Board. He also appears before governmental agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Texas Workforce Commission, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mark counsels clients on a wide range of labor and employment matters, including wage and hour issues, family and medical leave matters, covenants not to compete, and union avoidance strategies.
Mark is a frequent lecturer at labor and employment seminars and conducts human resources training workshops upon request. Most frequently, Mark works with the following types of companies: Insurance, Construction, Energy.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 1985
- B.A., Washington & Jefferson College, 1982
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Secretary, Houston Society for the Performing Arts, 2016
- Member, Executive Committee, Houston Society for the Performing Arts, 2016
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Personnel Committee, Children’s Museum of Houston
Rate : $$$