Gregory D. Pirkle practices in the area of business law. His practice focuses on federal and state taxation, with an emphasis on taxation of business entities, estate planning and exempt organizations. His business taxation practice includes advising clients on the tax implications of business transactions such as mergers and reorganizations, property exchanges and executive compensation.
His estate planning practice involves maximum use of federal credits and preservation of wealth through the use of trusts, partnerships, closely held businesses, private foundations and charitable trusts. His involvement in exempt organization includes issues of inurement, compliance in bond financing, entity restructuring and joint ventures.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Baylor University, B.A., 1984
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1988
- The Mississippi Bar – Trust and Estate Sections
- American Bar Association
- Lee County Bar Association
- Advises corporate clients on tax deferred reorganizations.
- Responsible for creation and exemption work for a community development corporation for investors seeking tax deductions and CRA credit.
- Assists clients in obtaining tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Assists clients in corporate reorganizations, including restructurings, spin-offs, the creation of new subsidiary corporations, and the formation of holding companies.
- Assists health care clients in structuring physician recruitment incentives and other contractual arrangements between and among health care clients.
Rate : $$$