Jaide L. Beverly is a lawyer in the Health Care group, where she focuses her practice on the representation of a variety of health care clients, including hospitals, academic medical centers, and physicians, with respect to their regulatory, compliance, transactional, contractual and business needs. Her experience includes drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a broad range of contractual arrangements, including:
- Clinical trial agreements
- IT and software licensing agreements
- Vendor agreements
- Service agreements
- HIPAA business associate agreements
Clients also turn to Jaide for advice on health care regulatory matters, including compliance with the Stark Law, state and federal Anti-Kickback Statutes, HIPAA and state privacy laws, and clinical and human subjects research.
Prior to joining Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, Jaide was a litigation attorney at the largest Sarasota-based law firm focusing on civil and commercial litigation and medical malpractice litigation. As a civil and commercial litigator, Jaide regularly represented clients in variety of business disputes. On the medical malpractice litigation side of Jaide’s practice, she served as part of a team of outside counsel for a large, public, nonprofit health care system, where she assisted in medical malpractice defense matters.
Jaide knows how overwhelming it can be to effectively navigate and keep abreast of the regulatory and compliance developments that affect the health care industry, and through her past experiences as a litigator, she has a unique perspective on how to work efficiently and proactively with clients to provide legal solutions that are aligned with their business, while avoiding future litigation and regulatory noncompliance issues.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2013
- B.S., University of Central Florida, 2009
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2014
- Represents hospitals, academic medical centers, physician practices, life science companies, and other health care providers on day-to-day compliance concerns and health care operations.
- Negotiates and drafts various contracts for health care providers.
- Advises institutions on implementation of policies and procedures for responding to allegations of research misconduct.
- Handles research misconduct proceedings in connection with allegations of research misconduct.
- Advises research institutes and life science companies on data sharing for research, including the use of biobanks and data repositories for research.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Leadership Sarasota, Class of 2015-2016
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$