James Foresman focuses his practice on acting as outside general counsel for healthcare clients which includes providing regulatory, transactional and corporate services for hospitals, group practices and professional healthcare providers.
- Health system matters. Providing practical advice to health system operations, including compliance program effectiveness, compliance with Medicare and Conditions of Participation and hospital governance.
- Certificate of Need and Licensing. Advising and structuring client’s Certificate of Need projects from start to finish.
- Hospital compliance programs. Working closely with and advising hospital compliance professionals.
- Hospital-physician arrangements. Structure joint ownership of facilities and joint ventures, addressing anti-kickback, Stark, anti-markup, licensure, certification, and other issues.
- Stark and other physician self-referral laws. Structure professional practices and transactions to achieve client business objectives while complying with applicable legal restrictions on referral.
- Hospital-physician contracts. Providing counsel on application of tax, Stark and anti-kickback laws to physician services and recruitment contracts. Draft physician employment and services contracts, amendments and renewals thereof.
- Western Michigan University, B.A.
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D
- American Bar Association since 1975, Health Law Forum; Administrative Law; Negligence Section
- State Bar of Michigan since 1975, Administrative Law Section; Health Law Section
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association since 1990
- American Society of Law and Medicine since 1983
- National Health Lawyers’ Association since 1980
Rate : $$$