James has experience representing and advising companies in all aspects of intellectual property law including IP counseling, litigation and transactional matters.
He has worked with clients in energy, building products, recycling services, chemicals and agricultural products, manufacturing, software, medical devices and nano tech.
James has experience with patent litigation in district court and post-grant review proceedings at the USPTO, including Inter Partes review.
His litigation experience includes drafting pleadings and discovery requests, invalidity and infringement contentions, working with experts, Markmanhearings, and settlement negotiations.
He also has trial experience as a volunteer prosecutor at the City of Houston Municipal Court where he tried numerous jury trials to verdict and handled all aspects of pretrial motions, voir dire, direct and cross-examination, and closing arguments.
James’s transactional practice includes licensing, patent prosecution, IP portfolio management, due diligence, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and IP counseling.
- Houston Intellectual Property Law Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- HBA Habitat for Humanity Committee
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- JD, The University of Texas School of Law, Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal, Managing Editor, 2014
- BS, Biochemistry, The University of Texas at Austin, 2005
Rate : $$$