James J. Feeney focuses his practice in the areas of litigation; data security and privacy; corporate transactions; eDiscovery and data and document management.
Jim litigates all aspects of complex litigation with an emphasis on product liability and commercial cases.
His work in this area includes representation of both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of disputes involving tort, contract and statutory claims.
Jim counsels clients on best practices when seeking to reconcile U.S. discovery duties and conflicting obligations under data protection laws of other nations in the international discovery context. Jim also assists clients in developing and implementing data breach response plans.
Jim assists clients in the drafting and negotiation of a variety of complex product and service agreements, with an emphasis on agreements involving information technology, data security and privacy and cloud computing.
Jim counsels clients in several areas of electronic discovery and information management. For example, Jim has helped clients develop defensible preservation, search and retrieval and data disposition protocols, and helped improve the efficacy and efficiency of their electronic search methods using statistical sampling and information retrieval science principles.
- J.D., cum laude, Tulane University Law School, 1998
- B.S., cum laude, United States Merchant Marine Academy, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Dade County Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- The Florida Bar
Rate : $$$$