Jane VanLare is member of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Jane VanLare’s practice focuses on restructuring, insolvency, and bankruptcy litigation. Jane joined the firm in 2010 and became a partner in 2016.
Jane has advised on significant transactions in the bankruptcy and restructuring space, including acting as counsel to Overseas Shipholding Group’s successful restructuring and exit from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, which IFLR named as “Restructuring Deal of the Year,” Goldman Sachs in the Lehman Brothers Chapter 11 proceedings, which IFLR named as a “Restructuring Deal of the Year,” and to Truvo Group in its Chapter 11 proceedings, which IFLR named as an “EMEA Restructuring Deal of the Year.” In 2017, Jane was honored on Benchmark Litigation’s “Under 40 Hot List.”
- Affiliates of Z Capital Partners as stalking horse bidder in Section 363 sale of assets of Real Mex restaurant chain.
- Lion Point Capital as a creditor and DIP lender in the chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings of Suniva Inc., a solar panel manufacturer.
- ModSpace, the largest U.S. provider of temporary and modular office space, in the restructuring of nearly $1 billion in secured debt through a pre-packaged Chapter 11 plan.
- SMP Ltd, a leading polysilicon manufacturer based in Korea, in connection with its request for Chapter 15 recognition of its Korean insolvency proceedings, as well as its adversary proceeding against SunEdison, Inc.
- Overseas Shipholding Group, one of the world’s largest oil tanker companies, in its Chapter 11 proceedings and $3 billion cross-border restructuring.
- Nortel Networks in its Chapter 11 proceedings, including litigation of certain claims and litigation relating to the allocation of nearly $7 billion in proceeds of asset sales.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2007
- Harvard College, A.B., 2004
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$