Pillsbury M&A partner Jarrod D. Murphy has extensive experience advising public and private companies and private equity sponsors (including their portfolio companies) in connection with a wide variety of complex, high-profile corporate matters.
Jarrod’s broad corporate practice encompasses all aspects of private and public M&A and related corporate advisory work, including both domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, spin-offs, corporate restructurings, minority investments, capital markets transactions and corporate governance matters.
Highly regarded as a private equity specialist with a deep knowledge of the market, Jarrod has advised on the buy-side and sell-side for numerous sponsors and their portfolio companies, including with respect to both majority and minority investments and co-investments, divestitures, take-privates and other major corporate transactions.
Complementing his significant private equity experience, Jarrod’s industry experience spans the infrastructure, energy, technology, financial services, manufacturing, media, consumer & retail and telecommunications sectors, among others.
Over the last decade, Jarrod has also advised on some of the most significant and high-profile sponsor-led infrastructure M&A transactions in North America, involving utilities, energy assets, roads, waste services and other major infrastructure assets and projects.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners on numerous acquisitions and dispositions, including the sale of the Chicago Skyway to a consortium of investors comprising CPPIB, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan for $2.8 billion.
- Represented CVC Capital Partners on numerous transactions, including in connection with the acquisition by CVC and CPPIB of Petco from a consortium of investors led by TPG and Leonard Green & Partners for $4.6 billion.
- Represented Littlejohn & Co. on numerous acquisitions and dispositions, including its sale of Newgistics to Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE: PBI) for $475 million.
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners on its sale of Aquarion Water Company to Eversource Energy (NYSE: ES) for approximately $1.68 billion.
- Represented Macquarie Infrastructure Partners in the $445 million sale of its remaining 50% stake in Virginia’s Dulles Greenway.
- Represented Symmetry Surgical Inc., a portfolio company of RoundTable Healthcare Partners, on its acquisition of the Reddick surgical assets of LeMaitre Vascular (Nasdaq: LMAT).
- Represented CVC Capital Partners on the divestment of its remaining investment in Univar Inc. (NYSE: UNVR).
- Represented Elliott Management Corporation on its co-investment in Polycom, in connection with Siris Capital Group’s acquisition of Polycom for approximately $2 billion.
- Represented ADIA on its co-investment in Blackhawk Networks, in connection with the Silver Lake Partners’-led acquisition of Blackhawk Network Holdings for $3.5 billion.
- LL.B. (Hons), University of Auckland
- B.A., University of Auckland
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$