Jason H. Casell is a partner in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. He is an experienced attorney who focuses his practice on the defense of corporations in commercial and labor and employment litigation. He also has significant experience in the defense of healthcare, mass torts, and products liability matters in state and federal courts throughout the country.
Jason has served as an integral member of trial teams in cases involving complex legal, medical, and scientific issues. His experience includes representing the manufacturer of hernia and pelvic mesh products in lawsuits alleging post-implant injuries, defending a leading pharmaceutical company in mass tort litigation alleging systemic injuries from medication, and securing a jury verdict of no liability against an Indian steel manufacturer sued for more than $35 million in damages resulting from the alleged failure of a portion of a hydraulic fracturing well.
Jason also has represented companies in investigations conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and numerous state agencies and regulators.
Jason is active in the Houston community. He serves as First Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of Main Street Theater, which produces classic and contemporary plays for adults and literary-based theater and education programs for youth. He is a Leadership Houston Class XXXV Fellow.
- University of Michigan Law School, Juris Doctor, 2001
- Northwestern University, Medill School of Journalism, Master of Science, Journalism, 1998
- Dartmouth College, Bachelor of Arts, Honors in History, cum laude, 1997
- State Bar Admissions, District of Columbia
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- DRI, Drug and Medical Device Steering Committee, Vice Chair, Defense of Government Actions Special Litigation Group (2016–Present)
- DRI, Government Enforcement and Corporate Compliance Committee, Committee Chair (2014–2016); Publications Chair (2012–2014)
- DRI, Young Lawyers Committee, Membership Chair (2011–2012); Texas State Marketing Chair (2010–2011)
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow, (2014–Present)
Rate : $$$$