The drive and determination that Jason P. Grier developed for nearly two decades as a highly competitive distance runner shapes his practice as an intellectual-property litigator. Jason primarily practices before federal district courts and administrative tribunals such as the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
He has nationwide experience litigating all types of intellectual-property disputes, including cases in the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Georgia, the Central District of California, the District of Delaware and the Eastern District of Texas.
Jason’s varied experience includes working with technologies such as medical devices, next-generation sequencing, digital PCR, electronics, software and consumer products. He has also handled inter partes review proceedings before the PTAB, as well as trademark oppositions and cancellation proceedings before the TTAB.
Jason’s IP practice benefits from his practical scientific background. He served as in-house counsel for a start-up biotech company, and worked at Emory University in the lab of renowned antiviral researcher Dr. Raymond F. Schinazi, where he conducted research in the field of antiviral drug discovery.
- Represents one of the world’s largest healthcare services companies in a case involving allegations of trade secret misappropriation and breach of contract.
- Represents a well-known home-furnishings and décor company in all types of intellectual-property litigation, including patent and trademark infringement actions (both offensive and defensive).
- Represents a prestigious research university in pursing patent infringement claims involving digital PCR technology used to detect abnormalities in biological samples.
- Represented a university’s research foundation in a patent royalty dispute with a large pharmaceutical company pursuant to an arbitration clause in a license agreement.
- Analyzes and responds to demand letters, conducts patent due diligence, performs portfolio analysis, drafts intellectual-property license agreements, and provides advice relating to patent infringement and validity, as well as trade secret law.
- Atlanta Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Georgia Tech Bar Association
Community : Georgia Tech Letterwinners Club (members are former letter-winning athletes at Georgia Tech)
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 2009, cum laude; Georgia State University Law Review, Associate Editor; F.A. O’Daniel Law Scholarship, Recipient
- M.S., Biology, Georgia State University, 2006
- B.S., Applied Biology, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2001, with high honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 74,502
Rate : $$$$