Jason R. Bushby provides regulatory compliance, enforcement, and litigation assistance to a range of financial services clients across the country. On the compliance and enforcement side, Jason assists numerous clients as they bring their operations into compliance with various obligations imposed on them by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), including the Mortgage Servicing Final Rules in Regulations X and Z and the TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule.
He also advises clients on compliance matters related to a host of federal and state regulations, including TILA, RESPA, FCRA, and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA). Jason has advised some of the nation’s largest financial institutions in all aspects of their CFPB examinations.
His work in this area includes conducting risk assessments, managing and responding to information requests, self-disclosing issues to the CFPB, working with examiners during on-site reviews, and responding to Proposed Action and Request for Response (PARR) letters and other examination reports. Jason also defends financial institutions in investigations and enforcement actions initiated by the CFPB and other regulators.
On the litigation side, Jason represents financial services clients in civil litigation throughout the country. Jason has represented companies involved in a wide array of state, federal, and statutory law claims, including claims related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA).
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2006, magna cum laude; Mississippi Law Journal, Associate Notes & Comments Editor; Phi Kappa Phi
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A., 2003, cum laude
Professional & Community Activities :
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Alabama-Mississippi Chapter
- Birmingham Bar Association Future Leaders Forum, 2010
- Birmingham Bar Young Lawyers Section, President, 2014
- Alabama Consumer Finance Association, Counsel
Rate : $$$