Jeffrey J. Chapman’s practice focuses on financial services litigation, including complex commercial and securities litigation, internal investigations and government and regulatory enforcement actions.
He has represented a wide range of financial institutions, public companies and individuals in federal and state courts and in front of various government agencies, including the SEC, the Department of Justice and various state law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
Following law school, Jeffrey was a law clerk to the Honorable Charles P. Sifton of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Representation of a large broker-dealer in multiple state and federal actions brought by alleged purchasers of CDs issued by Stanford International Bank Ltd.
- Representation of a financial institution in connection with insurance coverage matters related to substantial employee trading losses.
- Representation of a technology company in connection with federal class action concerning a merger and proxy disclosure.
- Representation of a large broker-dealer in obtaining the dismissal of multiple securities class actions related to market timing.
- Representation of a large foreign financial institution in an investigation by the SEC and securities regulators in five states concerning, inter alia, sale of unregistered securities and broker-dealer registration matters.
- Representation of a large financial institution in connection with SEC investigations concerning the structuring, underwriting and valuation of subprime securities.
- Representation of a broker-dealer in an investigation by FINRA concerning trading in foreign exchange derivatives and fixed income emerging markets securities.
- Representation of a foreign bank in connection with a review by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) concerning compliance with anti-money laundering laws.
- Representation of corporations, financial institutions and audit committees to conduct internal investigations.
- New York University School of Law, JD, Order of the Coif, Associate Editor, New York University Law Review, 1998
- Cornell University, BS, 1995
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$$