Jennifer L. Hobbs is a Partner in the Firm’s Corporate Department and a member of the Executive Committee. Cited as a “national star in financings of leveraged acquisitions” by Lawdragon and selected as one of its 500 Leading Lawyers in America every year since 2014, Jennifer focuses on acquisition finance and advises on a broad range of financings for many of the Firm’s leading private equity and corporate clients.
Her primary clients have included Silver Lake Partners, EQT Partners and the private equity group at Goldman Sachs, together with their portfolio companies. Over the years, she has also represented private equity clients Apax Partners, BC Partners, Hellman & Friedman and Warburg Pincus and corporate clients Mars, Incorporated, Dell, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Accenture, Aramark Corporation and Broadcom Limited.
Most recently, Jennifer represented Broadcom Limited in connection with it securing $100 billion of committed debt financing for its proposed acquisition of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Jennifer’s other recent acquisition finance experience includes the following representations:
- Silver Lake Partners in connection with its announced $3.5 billion acquisition of Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc.
- Aramark Corporation in connection with its $1.0 billion acquisition of AmeriPride Services, Inc. and its $1.35 billion acquisition of Avendra, LLC.
- EQT Partners in connection with their $2.35 billion acquisition of Press Ganey, Inc., EQT’s first direct investment in North America.
- WME Entertainment and co-investors Silver Lake and KKR in connection their acquisition of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Symantec Corporation in connection with its $4.65 billion acquisition of Blue Coat Inc. and its $2.3 billion acquisition of LifeLock, Inc.
- BC Partners-led consortium in connection with its $8.7 billion acquisition of PetSmart, Inc. and PetsSmart in connection with its subsequent acquisition of Chewy, Inc.
Some of Jennifer’s historic representations have included.
- Silver Lake Partners and Michael Dell in connection with their $24.7 billion acquisition of Dell, Inc.
- Mars, Inc., in connection with over $22 billion of debt financing for its acquisition of Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company.
- Goldman Sachs-led consortium in connection with the debt financing for the $22 billion acquisition of Kinder Morgan and subsequently Kinder Morgan in connection the debt financing for its $38 billion acquisition of El Paso Corporation.
- Goldman Sachs in connection with the financings of their acquisitions of Flint Group GmbH, Safe-Guard, Drayer Physical Therapy, TransUnion Corp., Associated Asphalt Partners, Alliance Atlantis Communications, USI Holdings Corporation and McJunkin Corporation.
- Ford Motor Company in connection with over $18 billion of secured bank financing.
Jennifer’s accolades include:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Lawdragon Magazine, 500 Leading Lawyers in America (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Euromoney’s American Women in Business Law Awards, “Best in Banking and Finance” (2014, 2017)
- The American Lawyer, Top “45 Under 45” Women Lawyers (2011)
- The Legal 500 United States (2010, 2012)
Jennifer received her J.D. from New York University in 1997, where she was a member of the NYU Law Review. She received her Masters of International Affairs from Columbia University School of International & Public Affairs in 1992 and her B.A., with high honors, from the University of Texas in 1989, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- New York University School of Law, 1997 J.D.
- New York University Law Review, 1995–1997
- Columbia University School of International & Public Affairs, 1992 M.I.A.
- University of Texas, 1989 B.A.
- Phi Beta Kappa; With High Honors; Dean’s List
Admissions : New York 2000
Rate : $$$$