Jennifer L. Rangel is a health care attorney focusing on regulatory, transactional and administrative health law for health care providers, health care industry companies, payors, health plans, and managed care organizations in a variety of matters, including Medicare / Medicaid reimbursement, compliance, HIPAA, data protection, telehealth, ACOs, health regulatory issues, accountable care organization structure and related matters, and fraud and abuse analysis related to the Anti-Kickback Act and Stark I/II issues.
She also counsels clients on federal and state certification, licensing, corporate practice of medicine, nurse practitioner scope of practice, Medicare and Medicaid audits and licensure or other actions and regularly works with state and federal health care regulatory agencies.
She has significant experience representing clients in joint ventures and transactions between third party payors and health care providers including advising on structures in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
In addition, she works on mergers and acquisitions of health care entities and has experience assisting health care industry clients in regulatory and transactional matters including health care contracting, change of ownership and other licensure and regulatory filings, and representing clients in Medicare and Medicaid audits and appeals.
Jennifer also has substantial experience representing pharmacies, clinics, assisted living facilities and other senior care facilities, durable medical equipment suppliers, hospitals, home health agencies, nursing facilities, physical therapy providers, physicians and other providers and health care related companies on a variety of compliance, licensure, HIPAA, transactional and Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and regulatory matters.
Moreover, she advises clients on international privacy and data protection matters. Jennifer has assisted clients in structuring data sharing arrangements among multiple providers and payors in compliance with HIPAA and applicable state laws.
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Board of Directors, Texas Health Services Authority (governor appointment, April 2011 – present)
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Health Law Section
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Vice Chair, Interest Group Leadership
- Vice Chair, Publications Committee
- Chair of the Executive Committee, ABA Health Law Section Breast Cancer Task Force
- Life Member, National Registry of Who’s Who published in the 2000 edition
- Member, Austin Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Member, Travis County Young Lawyers Association
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1995
- B.A., cum laude, University of North Texas, 1992
Admissions : Texas, 1995
Rate : $$$