Jeremiah G. Garvey focuses his practice on securities-related transactions and corporate governance, specifically in connection with private capital financings and public offerings, and the organization, funding, and ongoing representation of emerging growth technology companies and venture firms.
Jeremy handles the public offerings of securities, representing both issuers and underwriters, and is experienced in the underwritten offerings of equity securities, as well as 144A private placements of high-yield debt securities. In addition, he works closely with public company issuers on securities law compliance, general corporate guidance, and governance and equity-based compensation issues.
Jeremy’s clients include retailers, software and information technology companies, venture capital and private equity funds, drug discovery companies, insurance companies, medical device makers, oil and gas companies, robotics companies, mobile and wearable computer manufacturers, bioinformatics companies, e-commerce providers and facilitators, information services providers, medical device manufacturers, investment banking firms, and telecommunication companies.
In addition to his private company and securities focus, Jeremy’s practice extends to venture and angel financings, private and public company mergers and acquisitions, complex corporate transactions, and all forms of commercial arrangement negotiations.
In recognition for delivering “absolutely outstanding client service,” Jeremy has been named by clients to the BTI Client All-Star list twice. He was also named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list from 2005 to 2007. Jeremy is a member of the board of directors of Othot, a cloud-based predictive analysis company.
- Represented a consortium formed by Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital as Pennsylvania transaction counsel of the acquisition of H.J. Heinz Company, including representation in the 144A bond offerings and credit arrangements financing the transaction.
- Represented CNX Gas Corporation, a newly formed company comprising substantially all the gas business of CONSOL Energy, in an agented private placement and CNX Gas’ related initial public registration.
- Represented the independent committee of the Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Corporation board of directors throughout the company’s merger with Esmark Inc., which culminated in a transaction that closed with a combined market cap in excess of $1 billion.
- Represented a provider of retirement and long-term care services in a conduit loan refinancing for one of its assisted living residence portfolios.
- Represented Attis Industries, Inc. (f/k/a Meridian Waste Solutions, Inc.) as borrower in connection with the closing of a Second Restated Credit and Guaranty Agreement by and among the company, its direct and indirect wholly owned subsidiaries, and Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group, L.P.
- Represented BodyMedia, Inc., the pioneer in developing and marketing wearable body monitors for consumers, in each of its venture financing rounds and its acquisition by Jawbone.
- Represented Cellumen, which delivers products and services that support drug discovery and development, in its Series B financing that included investments from Safeguard Scientifics, Inc. and PA Early Stage Partners.
- Represented a New Jersey-based bio-therapeutics maker in its sale to a publicly traded multinational biopharmaceutical corporation.
- Represented Sharp Edge Labs, a developer of next-generation biosensors and spin-out of Carnegie Mellon University, in its initial equity raise and its Series B Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented a global provider of brand solutions, memorialization products, and industrial products in its Rule 144A and Regulation S $300 million senior notes offering. This transaction drew on the experience of the firm’s corporate, tax, and employee benefits and executive compensation attorneys.
- Represented nanoGriptech, Inc., a Pittsburgh-based startup that manufactures micro-structured dry adhesives and surfaces for various applications, in a $1.7 million investment through the issuance of convertible notes from Industrial Technology Investment Corporation, a venture capital and private equity firm based in Taiwan.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1995
- Colgate University, B.A., 1991
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania; Massachusetts; Florida
Rate : $$$$