Jeremy Burnette is a seasoned healthcare litigator with substantial experience working within the complex regulatory framework in which providers operate. Jeremy’s practice focuses on representing healthcare providers in a variety of complex litigation matters and disputes, including whistleblower or government investigations or claims, state licensure board investigations or enforcement actions, government or private payor audit and recoupment actions, medical staff matters, practice dissolutions, and commercial disputes.
Jeremy also advises healthcare providers in regulatory compliance matters and serves as counsel to providers’ internal compliance committees.
- J.D., Georgia State University, 2005, summa cum laude; Graduated First in Class; Law Review; Moot Court; Extern with Justice Benham, Georgia Supreme Court
- M.A., Marshall University, 1996, Clinical/Professional Psychology, Honors
- B.S., University of Pikeville, 1994, Psychology/Human Services, Co-Valedictorian
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Georgia Bar Association, Health Law Section, Member; Litigation Section, Member
- Georgia State University College of Law, Adjunct Professor, 2013-present
- Georgians for a Healthy Future, Board of Directors, 2014-present; Board Secretary, 2014-present; Governance Committee Chair, 2016-present
- Stonewall Bar Association, President, 2009-2010
Rate : $$$