A board certified construction law attorney, Jeremy Springhart concentrates his practice in the area of construction litigation, including delay damage and construction defect claims, professional negligence claims, claims for unforeseen site conditions, and payment disputes.
He also represents contractors and their sureties in construction defect claims and liability insurance claims. Mr. Springhart is an experienced trial attorney, representing clients in federal and state courts. His courtroom experience spans from multiple jury trials to dozens of evidentiary hearings.
He defends design professionals and contractors in actions pending before the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. He began his career as an attorney for the State of Florida, where he prosecuted criminal cases as well as civil actions for violations of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act and Racketeering Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act.
- The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, JD (2001)
- Miami University, BA, French and International Studies (1998)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Construction delay claim experience ranges from claims to the department in front of the ASBCA to performance bond claims on federal projects
- Trial verdicts include obtaining a $1 million verdict, at trial, for a large Belgian automobile dealer and obtaining a defense verdict in an administrative proceeding by the Division of Workers Compensation
- Defended contractor against surety from $1 million performance bond claim extending over alleged defaults on multiple construction projects
- Commercial and residential lien foreclosure actions, including successfully defending a private owner from numerous defective liens filed after construction of a $7 million residence
- Member, The Massachusetts Bar
- Past Board Member, Orange County Bar
- Association of Building Contractor
Rate : $$$