Jessica Lohr defends consumer reporting agencies, national banking institutions and mortgage loan servicers in federal and state courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, in the areas of complex litigation and business disputes, financial services litigation, and consumer litigation.
Jessica, an associate in the firm’s national consumer financial services practice, defends consumer-facing companies of all types in individual cases and class actions, including claims under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the California Credit Reporting and Agencies Act (CCRAA), and the California Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (CFDCPA).
Jessica has handled individual cases and class actions in many states, including California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, New York, New Jersey, Alabama, Virginia, Minnesota, Florida, Maine, Illinois and Pennsylvania.
She also has substantial experience handling general commercial disputes in both state and federal courts in California. While serving as a judicial law clerk, she handled a diverse range of federal matters, including FCRA, TCPA and FDCPA cases.
Representative Matters :
- Defended national background screening companies in putative class actions and single-plaintiff FCRA cases in both state and federal courts. Obtained summary judgment in an individual FCRA case in federal court.
- Served as counsel for a national reseller of consumer reports in defense of putative class actions and single-plaintiff FCRA cases. Obtained summary judgment in an individual FCRA case in federal court.
- Represented national consumer reporting agencies and public records vendors in connection with investigative actions brought by federal regulators.
- Counseled companies that experienced unauthorized access to consumer data or were named as defendants in class actions or in matters before regulators.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, California State Bar
- Member, Community Outreach Committee, Lawyers Club of San Diego,
- Volunteer Attorney, guardianship cases, San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Member, Animal Legal Defense Fund
Professional Experience : Law Clerk to the Honorable Janis L. Sammartino of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, 2014-2015
- University of Arizona College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2014
- University of Arizona, B.S., magna cum laude, 2011, Accounting
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$