Jinho Alex Yim has more than a decade of experience representing U.S. and international financial institutions, corporate borrowers and private equity funds in connection with complex domestic and international corporate finance transactions, including asset-based and cash-flow lending.
Alex has successfully closed in excess of several billion dollars in senior secured, first-lien, second-lien and mezzanine facilities. He also represents Asian financial institutions and companies in connection with various corporate and transactional matters.
Alex focuses on large cap and middle market financing transactions, with a particular emphasis on leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, refinancings and workouts. He advises clients in a wide array of industries, including manufacturing, telecommunications, transportation, professional sports and health care.
Alex co-authored multiple “International Briefings (South Korea)” articles published by theInternational Financial Law Review (IFLR).
- Represented an international financial institution, as joint lead arranger and administrative agent, in connection with $365 million first-lien and second-lien credit facilities for a sponsor’s acquisition of a telecommunications company.
- Represented an international financial institution, as joint lead arranger and administrative agent, in connection with $200 million senior secured credit facilities to a U.S. optical retailer in connection with a dividend recap.
- Represented a U.S. financial institution, as sole lead arranger, in connection with a $108 million senior secured credit facility provided to a professional sports concession services provider.
- Represented a consortium of Singaporean and Korean financial institutions, as mandated lead arrangers, in connection with a $490 million senior secured facility to finance a sponsor’s acquisition of a South Korea-based retailer of electronic goods; recognized as the “Buyout of the Year 2005” by Asian Venture Capital Journal and the “Best Korean Deal of the Year” by The Asset.
- Represented a payroll, HR and benefits outsourcing services company in connection with the private placement of senior secured notes aggregating $800 million to finance an acquisition.
- Represented a wine and spirits company in connection with a $80 million ABL line of credit.
- Represented an office products company in connection with a $360 million ABL line of credit.
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 2000, Executive Editor – Syracuse Law & Technology Journal
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A., 1997
Bar Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$$