John D. Casais has more than two decades of experience in financing transactions and business reorganizations, representing arrangers, underwriters, and lenders in connection with a broad array of matters in a wide range of industries.
John focuses on senior financings, with a concentration on leveraged acquisition financings, and frequently represents clients in transactions that include a junior capital component. His clients include banks, hedge funds, and finance companies. Financial institution clients include Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citizens Bank, Jefferies, JPMorgan, KeyBank, and SunTrust.
His recent transactions include the representation of the arrangers and initial lenders in connection with a combined $980 million in original and incremental senior secured credit facilities in favor of NN, a publicly traded manufacturing company, and the representation of the arrangers, underwriters, and initial lenders in connection with $850 million in senior credit facilities and high yield notes for AMAG Pharmaceuticals, a publicly traded pharmaceutical company.
Recent restructuring transactions include the representation of the first lien lenders to RCS Capital Corporation in connection with its reorganization under chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code, including the negotiation and documentation of $150 million in DIP credit facilities and $650 million of first-and second-lien exit credit facilities, and the representation of an ad hoc group of first lien lenders to AFGlobal Corporation in connection with its reorganization under chapter 11, including $100 million of DIP and exit credit facilities.
John leads Jones Day’s Banking, Finance & Securities team in Boston. He has been recognized repeatedly by Chambers USA and Legal 500 US.
- Boston College (J.D. magna cum laude 1994);
- The College of Wooster (B.A. with honors 1990)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts and New York
- AFGlobal first lien lender group receives 95.5 percent of equity as debtor emerges pursuant to prepackaged plan of reorganization
- KeyBank provides $625 million credit facility to NN, Inc.
- Citizens Bank provides financing to Apogee Telecom
- RockWood Equity Partners acquires substantially all assets of Ibis Tek
- Stallergenes Greer obtains revolving credit facility from UBS
- GenNx360 Capital Partners portfolio company acquires Travis Body & Trailer
- First lien lenders take majority ownership in RCS Capital chapter 11 case.
Rate : $$$$