John D. Doran’s practice focuses exclusively on representing management in labor and employment matters, including:
- Department of labor investigations
- Proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board
- Labor arbitrations
John appears in federal and state courts in Rhode Island and Massachusetts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights, and other state human rights agencies.
He also defends employers against discrimination claims based on race, sex, age, religion, national origin and disability and handles matters related to:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The National Labor Relations Act
- The Rhode Island Fair Employment Practices Act
- The Rhode Island Civil Rights Act
In the area of traditional labor law, John has handled seven unfair labor practice trials, dozens of arbitrations, four strikes and numerous other near-strikes. He also has extensive collective bargaining experience and handled one of the first full first contract interest arbitrations pursuant to a UNITE-HERE neutrality agreement.
John is on the faculty of the National Business Institute and regularly speaks at seminars and conferences on labor and employment topics. He is a contributing author for the Practical Law Company, an online subscription service that provides in-house counsel access to legal materials and resources written by attorneys in law firms.
- J.D., Suffolk University, 1997
- B.S., Boston College, 1992
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
Rate : $$$$