Formerly, the Global Chair of Baker McKenzie, John Conroy Jr. has also served as Head of the Firm’s Global Strategic Initiatives, responsible for client relationship development, talent growth and CSR initiatives. A partner since 1987, Mr. Conroy was elected to the Executive Committee of the Firm in 1998.
The following year he was elected US Managing Partner, and subsequently became North American Managing Partner, a position he held until being elected Chairman in October 2004. Mr. Conroy served two terms as Chairman of Baker McKenzie’s Executive Committee from 2004 to 2010.
He has also held significant practice management roles throughout his career, including chair of the Global Banking & Finance and Major Projects steering committees and the North America Banking & Finance/Major Projects Practice Group.
Mr. Conroy focuses on international banking and finance law and has extensive experience as counsel to a variety of financial institutions and intermediaries, including global custodians, prime brokers, investment funds, pension funds and other institutional investors on global regulatory compliance programs and enforcement matters, as well as transactional and related financial services, including securities lending programs and other asset management services.
He also has advised leading commercial banks, export credit agencies and multilateral financial institutions in cross-border credit facilities, syndicated lending, securitization, leveraged leasing, project finance, and other structured financings.
His experience also includes counseling securities and commodities exchanges and clearing agencies, as well as depository trust companies, with respect to various cross-border investment services, including securities settlement and collateral management programs.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (1979)
- Université de Strasbourg (Cert.) (1976)
- Université Catholique de l’Quest (Angers) (1975)
- U.S. Supreme Court~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois~United States (1981)
- Illinois~United States (1979)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Pro Bono Institute – Member, Board of Directors
- Midtown Educational Foundation – President, Board of Directors
- City of Chicago After School Matters Board of Directors – Member
- Executives Club of Chicago – Member and Secretary of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Governance Committee
- Bretton Woods Committee – MemberLaw Firm Pro Bono Project at Georgetown University Law Center – Member of the Advisory Committee
Rate : $$$