John P. Napoli is co-managing partner of the firm’s New York office and co-chairs its national Tax group. He practices in the areas of federal, state and local taxation and advises public and private clients on tax issues relating to corporate mergers and acquisitions, international transactions, restructurings, consolidations, financing, real estate (including REITs), tax free like kind 1031 exchanges, subchapter S corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, and limited liability companies.
Mr. Napoli shapes tax-efficient real estate transactions, including the formation, operation, and liquidation of REITs and UPREITs. He represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service, United States Tax Court, and various state and local authorities on a variety of controversial matters. He is active in industry organizations such as IMN, NAREIT, and Real Estate Roundtable.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law (1983)
- J.D., University of Dayton (1982)
- Editor, Law Review (1981-1982)
- B.A., St. John’s University (1979)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Darrel D. Wiles, United States Tax Court, United States Tax Court (1983-1985)
- American Bar Association, Tax Section, Real Estate Sub-Committee on REITs (Past Co-chair)
- New York State Bar Association, Tax Section
Rate : $$$