John R. Schleppenbach is counsel in the Litigation Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Chicago office. He is a member of the White Collar, Internal Investigations, and False Claims Team. Mr. Schleppenbach has worked on a wide variety of internal investigations, including matters involving complex accounting issues, alleged violations of the U.S. securities laws, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
He also has full range of litigation experience, having handled every phase of discovery and several trials for major corporate clients as an associate and then a partner at another national law firm. Most recently, Mr. Schleppenbach worked at the Illinois Attorney General’s Office, where he briefed and argued dozens of criminal appeals, including six before the Illinois Supreme Court.
In addition, Mr. Schleppenbach has extensive experience with alternative dispute resolution. He currently serves as the Chair of the Illinois State Bar Association’s ADR Section Council and coaches the International Arbitration Moot Court Team at Northwestern Prtitzker School of Law. Mr. Schleppenbach has published dozens of articles about arbitration issues, as well as topics relevant to white collar criminal and securities law practitioners.
- J.D., University of Illinois, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif (2003)
- Administrative Editor, The Elder Law Journal
- Rickert Awards for Excellence in Legal Publications, Academics, and Oral Advocacy
- CALI Awards for Highest Grades in Criminal Procedure, Professional Responsibility, Advanced Civil Procedure, International Intellectual Property, Privacy & Defamation, Copyright, and Literature & the Law
- B.S., Millikin University, in Music & B.A., in English, summa cum laude (2000)
- Scovill Prize for Scholarship, Leadership, and Service
- Outstanding Community Outreach Student
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Rate : $$$