JoonBeom Pae is a Tax partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office. His practice focuses on the tax aspects of the formation, financing and investment activities of domestic and international private funds.
JoonBeom regularly advises both sponsors and investors in connection with structuring and operation of various types of funds, including buyout, infrastructure, real estate and debt funds. He is also experienced in secondary sale of fund interests and M&A transactions involving partnerships.
JoonBeom is currently a member of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association and serves as co-chair of the Tax Committee of the Asian American Bar Association of New York. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, he was with another premiere international law firm. Before his legal career, JoonBeom practiced as a certified public accountant in South Korea at a leading international accounting firm.
JoonBeom received his JD, cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law, where he served as managing editor of the Journal of International Human Rights and was awarded Outstanding Tax Student Award from Federal Taxation Committee of Chicago Bar Association. He earned his LLM in Taxation from New York University School of Law and his BA, summa cum laude, from Seoul National University.
- Northwestern University School of Law, JD
- New York University School of Law, LLM in Taxation
- Seoul National University, BA, summa cum laude
Admissions : New York
- Member of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Tax Committee of National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Co-chair of the Tax Committee of the Asian American Bar Association of New York
Rate : $$$