Jose F. Demedeiros joined Ropes & Gray in 2013 and is an associate in the corporate department. During law school, Joe served as Editor-in-Chief of the Suffolk Transnational Law Review. Prior to joining the firm, Joe worked in various positions in state and local government including several years as an elected member of his hometown’s City Council.
- JD, summa cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2013; Editor-in-Chief, Suffolk Transnational Law Review; Suffolk University Law Dean’s Public Citizenship Award (2013)
- MBA, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 2008
- BA (Sociology), University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 1999
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2013
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS : Board of Trustees, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Foundation
- Represented Audax Group in its acquisition of Ecolab Inc.’s Equipment Care Business.
- Advised CMC Capital Partners in its joint venture with Creative Artists Agency, a global entertainment and sports agency, creating CAA China.
- Represented GHO Capital Partners, a European health care specialist investor, in its acquisition of Canadian-based Caprion Biosciences, a leading provider of proteomics and immune monitoring services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
- Regularly advise institutional investors, including AVALT, Baillie Gifford Overseas Limited, the Dragoneer Investment Group and the Putnam Funds in various venture and growth capital investments in the U.S. and overseas.
- Represented Genzyme Corporation in its equity investment in Voyager Therapeutics, made in connection with a research collaboration related to novel gene therapies.
- Represented Genzyme Corporation, Sanofi’s rare disease subsidiary, in connection with its $700 million investment in Alnylam, made in connection with a wide-ranging collaboration to pursue therapeutics to treat rare diseases.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its majority equity investment in Legacy ER & Urgent Care, a leading operator of hybrid standalone emergency room and urgent care clinics.
- Represented DFW Capital in its equity investment in Fleetwash, Inc., the nation’s leading provider of mobile truck washing and facility cleaning services.
Rate : $$$