Joseph John Krasovec works with a broad spectrum of companies to control and reduce their exposure to litigation risk. Regardless of the case, his clients’ business and litigation objectives are always top of mind.
For over 25 years, Joe has managed hundreds of cases to successful resolution, whether through a negotiated settlement, mediation, arbitration or jury trial. He performs early case assessments to determine the appropriate strategy and resources to deliver the most cost-effective outcome for his clients.
Joe has first-chaired a variety of cases, from the start of discovery to trial and through the appellate courts. He has tried many high-stakes jury trials to obtain favorable verdicts for his clients. His practice focuses primarily on the defenses of product liability matters, but he also has extensive experience in commercial litigation. Joe has also defeated several consumer product-related class action lawsuits by winning motions to dismiss or summary judgment, or through denial of class certification.
In addition to trying cases before juries in courtrooms across the country, Joe counsels product manufacturers regarding potential liability considerations, advising them on product labeling, instructions, testing and design. He also counsels manufacturers under investigation by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), both in satisfying the clients reporting obligations and working with the CPSC in structuring appropriate corrective action measures.
Specifically, Joe serves as national product liability counsel for two large consumer product manufacturers. In this role, he has successfully managed a substantial number of cases to drive down new case filings and reduce the costs associated with resolving those cases that are filed.
Representative Jury Trials
- After a two-week trial in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, a jury returned a defense verdict in the wrongful death case of an infant seated in what the plaintiff claimed was a defective child seat in the face of a demand in excess of $10 million.
- Jury verdict in Virginia in favor of a manufacturer of a pressure vessel that exploded into a man’s face, blinding him in one eye.
- Jury verdict in Texarkana, Texas in favor a child seat manufacturer involving a motor vehicle accident in which a child was severely injured. Demand exceeded $40 million.
- Jury verdict in favor of a stroller manufacturer in a wrongful death case in Florida involving an infant who died when left alone to sleep in the stroller.
- In Illinois, the successful defense of a manufacturer of cappuccino machines for burns sustained when a hot beverage was spilled into the plaintiff’s lap.
- Jury verdict in Indiana in favor of the manufacturer of an infant swing that had been recalled twice with multiple prior incidents admitted into evidence.
- Successful defense during a jury trial of a manufacturer of a chemical used to make butter flavoring involving an alleged lung condition suffered by the plaintiff in Missouri.
- In Iowa, the successful defense of a propane torch manufacturer in an explosion case in which a child was burned.
- Obtained $1.8 million verdict in claim for contribution in Michigan against the maker of burner units after the client settled an underlying wrongful death case involving a camping heater that incorporated one of the burner units.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 1989
- University of Denver, B.S., 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Product Liability Advisory Council, Sustaining Member
Rate : $$$$