Mr. Joseph L. Caverly joined Stone Pigman in 1985 and is a member of the firm. He chairs the firm’s Corporate and Securities Practice Groups and maintains an active business practice.
BAR ADMISSIONS : Louisiana
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1985
- University of Notre Dame, undergraduate and advanced degrees, with high honors, 1978
- London School of Economics and Political Science, London, England, 1980
- Centre International d’Études Françaises, l’Université Catholique de l’Ouest, Angers, France, 1975-76
Professional and Civic Activities:
- Mr. Caverly was Program Director of the Cambridge Institute seminar Buying and Selling Privately Held Companies, 1997-99. He is a member of the American and Louisiana State Bar Associations and the French-American Chamber of Commerce, and is fluent in French.
- Represented Quality Distribution, Inc. in its acquisition of 100% of the outstanding shares of stock of Boasso America Corporation, an intermodal service company providing tank container cleaning, heating, testing, maintenance, storage and transportation services along with associated equipment sales for the trucking, rail, and maritime shipping industries.
- Represented a leading New Jersey-based manufacturer and distributor of industrial rubber products and related companies located in Canada, Mexico, Brazil and China, in a sale of 100% of the equity of the companies to a strategic purchaser based in Europe.
- Represented U.S. subsidiary of Swiss multi-national chemicals company in its acquisition of 100% of the outstanding shares of stock of a Louisiana-based specialty chemicals company producing chemicals for the petroleum exploration and production industry, and in the purchase of related assets, including real estate and manufacturing facilities from a related entity.
- Represented the sellers of all of the voting stock of three related corporations operating a dock, terminal, and chemical storage facility on the Mississippi River.
Rate : $$$