Joseph P. Whitford focuses his corporate finance practice in startups and the emerging-company sector, where he has served for more than 30 years as general counsel and an advisor to high-growth software, internet, digital health, medical device, biotech, wireless and specialty retail business ventures.
He has guided management, boards of directors and investors through founder formation matters, equity compensation planning, angel and venture capital investments, strategic partnerships, license arrangements, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings.
Prior to private practice, Joe was an attorney with the Division of Corporation Finance at the Securities and Exchange Commission in Washington, D.C. He is a frequent speaker at business and legal seminars.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board of Advisors, Science & Engineering Business Association, University of Washington
- Prior Board Member, Northwest Entrepreneur Networ
- Prior Board Member, Washington Biotechnology & Biomedical Association
- Prior General Counsel, Tacoma Angel Network
- Prior Chair, MIT Enterprise Forum of the Northwest
- Prior Board Member, Forum for Women Entrepreneurs
- Federal Securities Regulation Committee; Venture Capital Committee – Business Section, American Bar Association
- Prior Trustee, Holy Names Academy, 2005-2016
- Co-Chairman, Friends of Seattle Mombasa Schools
- J.D., Syracuse University College of Law
- B.A., Economics, Union College
Rate : $$$