Joseph Walsh’s areas of practice include corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions. He has represented issuers and underwriters in a broad range of securities law and corporate finance matters, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings of equity and convertible securities, offerings of high-yield and investment-grade debt, shelf registrations and Rule 144A offerings.
Joe has extensive experience in alternative financing techniques, such as confidentially marketed public offerings (CMPOs), registered direct offerings (RDs), private investments in public equity (PIPEs) and reverse mergers.
With respect to mergers and acquisitions, Joe has significant experience representing both buyers and sellers in public and private transactions. He also advises clients with respect to general corporate and securities compliance and reporting matters.
Representative Matters :
- Represented underwriters in connection with an initial public offering and follow-on offering of a biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented placement agents in connection with an two registered direct offerings of a biopharmaceutical company.
- Represented a financial services holding company in connection with two private placements of common stock and an acquisition of tax preparation and financial services company.
- Represented a financial services holding company in connection with a proxy contest.
- Represented apparel company in connection with a going private transaction.
- St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Stony Brook University, State University of New York, B.A., 1996
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$