Joshua M. Miller advises senior management teams and individual officers in designing, negotiating and implementing executive compensation arrangements. Whether in the context of a merger or acquisition, an acceptance, transition or termination of employment, or the ordinary course of employee pay matters.
Josh provides legal counsel on a broad variety of securities, tax and employment matters critical to both companies and individuals. He focuses on employment and separation agreements, equity and cash incentive programs, and employee benefit matters in corporate transactions.
Josh balances highly technical legal proficiency with practical considerations such as market trends, best pay practices and corporate governance. Recently, Josh has been involved in management buyouts in the healthcare, technology and private funds space.
Other recent matters include employment and separation agreements for C-suite executives; mergers and acquisitions in the hospitality, life sciences and financial services industries; and equity program design for REITs, oil and gas ventures and pharmaceutical companies.
Josh is a partner in the Tax Department and a co-founder and editor of the Firm’s Tax Talks blog. He has written extensively on the Dodd-Frank “clawback” regulations and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements under Internal Revenue Code Sections 409A.
Josh serves as Chairman of the SubCommittee of Federal Securities Regulation on the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Committee of the ABA Business Law Section.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2005
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Certificate in Business Economics and Public Policy, 2005
- Cornell University, B.S., 2002
Admissions & Qualifications : District of Columbia, New York
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Chairman of the SubCommittee of Federal Securities Regulation on the Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Committee
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$