Julia Kohen is Counsel at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP where she is a member of the Banking and Credit Practice. Julia’s practice focuses on representing financial sponsors in connection with debt financings for their private equity, real estate, infrastructure, mezzanine debt and other investment funds.
Julia has extensive experience in complicated financings designed to provide fund-level leverage to facilitate and support investment activities, as well as management lines and employee and co-investment loan programs.
- Subscription (or capital call) facilities secured by uncalled capital commitments and related rights, with borrowing base capacity for the fund, as well as its parallel funds, alternative investment vehicles and portfolio companies
- Unsecured demand lines with an uncalled capital coverage requirement
- Fund guarantees of portfolio level investments
- Letter of credit facilities, NAV-based facilities and hybrid variations, including facilities provided as aftercare facilities for funds
- Co-investment loan programs made available, directly or indirectly, to employees and partners and secured by their fund interests
- General partner facilities and management lines provided to investment advisors for working capital purposes
- Duke University School of Law, 2007 J.D.
- Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy, Article Editor; Faculty Award for Community Leadership
- University of Delaware, 2003 B.A.
- Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, DuPont Scholar, Warner Award for Outstanding Senior Woman
- University of Delaware, 2003 M.A.
Admissions : New York 2008
Rate : $$$$