Juliana Marques is an associate in the Firm’s San Francisco office, where her practice involves all areas of domestic and international tax law. She also worked in the Firm’s Chicago office for 10 months. Ms. Marques focuses her practice on structuring international operations, international tax planning, transfer pricing and high-technology tax issues.
- University of California at Berkeley (J.D.) (2012)
- Western Connecticut State University (B.B.A. Accounting & Finance magna cum laude) (2007)
- U.S. Tax Court~United States (2013)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2013)
- California~United States (2012)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- State Bar of California – Section on Taxation
- San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association – Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a leading medical technology and a software company in a brief of amici curiae filed in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in the case BMC Software, Inc. v. Commissioner, 5th Cir., No. 13-60684 (pending).
- Advised a Fortune 200 company on tax matters relating to the company’s internal restructuring in over 39 jurisdictions and the eventual sale of one of its business segments in a deal worth over USD3 billion.
- Advised leading telecommunications company on international tax matters relating to the sale of one of its business segments in a deal worth over USD3.45 billion.
- Assisted one of the largest private investment companies with its global Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) planning and implementation.
Rate : $$$