Katherine Akamine is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Ms. Akamine’s practice includes all aspects of employment and labor litigation, representing public entities, businesses, and corporations of all sizes, as well as their management and employees in employment-related lawsuits.
This encompasses numerous areas, including employment contracts, claims of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation based on race, gender, age, disability, pregnancy and religion, and wage and hour issues.
Ms. Akamine began her legal career with a reputable law firm in Orange County where she concentrated her practice on complex commercial litigation, including real estate litigation, securities laws litigation, torts, and employment disputes. She has experience litigating, mediating, and trying jury and non-jury cases in state court on behalf of her clients.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2008
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Certificate in Dispute Resolution, 2008
- University of Southern California, Bachelor of Science in Health Promotion Disease Prevention
Admissions : State Bar Admissions, California
- Admitted: California State Bar
- Member: American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
Rate : $$$