Katherine Compton is a partner in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practice. Katherine has extensive experience in litigating complex commercial matters, including trademark infringement, theft of trade secret, franchise, banking, corporate, non-competes, personal injury/wrongful death and numerous other types of commercial litigation.
She has obtained more than 50 temporary restraining orders and handled numerous trials. Most importantly, she is passionate about listening to her clients and meeting their needs, whether they want to stand on principal and take a case to trial or settle early. Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Katherine served as General Counsel of Swearingen Aircraft, Inc.
Significant Representations :
- Successfully obtain temporary restraining order for corporate lessee to regain access to historical premises in downtown Dallas to finish out improvements against prominent local developer who was the new Lessor
- Represent corporate minority shareholder in dispute with corporation and shareholders for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud
- Represent largest apartment management company in the United States in trademark infringement dispute
- Represent Cartier International B.V. and Montblanc-Simplo Gmbh in trademark infringement action related to counterfeit Montblanc and Cartier watches.
- Represent Liz Claiborne, Inc. against a Dallas based public company in multimillion dollar trademark infringement litigation involving alleged counterfeit Monet Jewelry. Obtained temporary restraining order against all Defendants in lawsuit.
- Complex class action real estate litigation related to development of 141 acres in Elm Creek Subdivision in San Antonio, Texas
- Highly acrimonious slander litigation arising out of a divorce and adulterous relationship involving high profile professionals.
- St. Mary’s University Law School,Juris Doctor
- University of North Texas, Undergraduate and Masters in Accounting (Taxation)
- State Bar Admissions, Texas
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Rate : $$$