Kathryn Strong is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group in Chicago. Kathryn advises clients on transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance, disclosure issues, and corporate governance matters.
Her experience includes representing buyers and sellers in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including public and private acquisitions, equity and debt offerings, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, and other strategic transactions and investments.
Prior to joining the Firm, Kathryn was an associate editor of the Northwestern University Law Review, and served as a student law clerk to US District Judge Joan H. Lefkow of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.) (2012)
- Northwestern University (B.A. cum laude) (2008)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (2012)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs – Corporate Associate Young Professional
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a US based public pharmaceutical company in the USD 1.12 billion sale of a vascular closure device business to a non-US healthcare company.
- Represented a US based pharmaceutical and healthcare products company in the USD 5.3 billion sale of a portfolio of branded specialty and generic drugs in developed markets outside of the United States.
- Represented Maxim Integrated Products in its USD 600 million tender offer and merger with Volterra Semiconductor.
- Represented a middle market private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading North American automotive manufacturer.
Rate : $$$