Katie Marcusse is an associate in Baker & McKenzie’s North America Tax Practice Group, where she handles domestic and international tax matters, including tax controversies, transfer pricing and general tax planning. Ms. Marcusse is also strongly committed to pro bono work, including by assisting low income taxpayers with their federal and state tax debt.
Ms. Marcusse advises clients through all stages of a controversy including audit, administrative appeals, and litigation. She also counsels clients requesting Competent Authority assistance to resolve treaty matters.
- Georgetown University (LL.M. Taxation with Distinction) (2011)
- University of Michigan (J.D. cum laude) (2009)
- University of Michigan (B.A. with Distinction) (2006)
- District of Columbia~United States (2012)
- Maryland~United States (2009)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Medtronic, Inc. v. Commissioner, Docket No. 6944-11 (Section 482 allocations of income from Puerto Rican manufacturer to US parent and other issues).
- Guardian Industries Corp. v. Commissioner, Docket No. 20755-12 (whether European Commission is a government for purposes of Section 162(f)).
- Represented clients in competent authority matters between US and various foreign jurisdictions, including Canada, Japan, China, and India.
- Represented client in a tax refund suit and mediation conference regarding excise taxes.
Rate : $$$$