Kelly Wood is a highly skilled labor and employment lawyer who defends companies in a broad range of matters, including those involving alleged disability and employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour violations, government investigations, retaliation and wrongful termination actions, and trade secret misappropriation matters.
Kelly frequently represents employers in class actions on both the trial and appeal level. In addition, she guides clients through individual employment-related litigation, mediation, arbitration, and administrative agency charges.
She regularly counsels and advises companies on the implementation of practices and policies, employee grievances, compliance with federal and state labor and employment laws, disability accommodations, leaves of absences, employment termination, lay-offs, demotion decisions, employment agreements, and employee handbooks. Additionally, Kelly frequently provides training workshops on these topics for clients.
Kelly understands the complexities and sensitive nature of labor and employment law. She provides responsive service to her clients and dedicates her time to obtaining practical solutions to their issues.
- Obtained favorable summary judgment rulings for specialty food store chain in numerous discrimination matters
- Obtained favorable summary judgment ruling for Fortune 500 tax preparation company in nationwide class and collective action alleging failure to provide compensation for continuing education to 40,000 class members
- Obtained favorable summary judgment ruling for national home loan company in class action related to payment of severance
- Obtained favorable ruling in arbitration in a retaliation case against nationwide cable television provider
- Obtained favorable ruling in arbitration against school district related to alleged violations of collective bargaining agreement
- Obtained asylum for Syrian individual seeking refuge in America due to sexual orientation persecution
- US District Court, Central, Northern, and Southern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Chapman University, J.D.: magna cum laude; Articles Editor, Chapman Law Review; CALI Awards in Evidence, Federal Income Tax, Gender and the Law, Criminal Procedure and Police Practices, Land Use Regulation, Legal and Equitable Remedies, and Torts I
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.F.A., Sculpture: cum laude
- Orange County Bar Association
Rate : $$$