Kenji (Ken) Funahashi is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where his practice focuses on corporate and securities law. Ken works on a wide range of corporate finance matters, from start-up companies obtaining angel financing to multi-billion dollar transactions for multinational and Fortune 500 companies.
He has handled more than $10 billion in financings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and IPOs, including hundreds of private and public financing transactions for entrepreneurs and investors. Ken’s practice focuses on the representation of technology, life sciences, healthcare, and other growth companies throughout the United States and internationally.
Representative clients include software, SaaS, IT, IoT, cyber security, aerospace, robotics, e-gaming, AR/VR, and blockchain entrepreneurs and investors in the technology area, and genomics, diagnostics, biologics, pharmaceuticals, medical device, and digital health entrepreneurs and investors in the life sciences and healthcare fields.
In addition to practicing in California’s technology clusters for over two decades, Ken has studied and worked abroad and has extensive experience in cross-border transactions in Asia and Europe. He was previously a partner at one of the largest international law firms in the world and assists both U.S. technology companies engaging in business overseas, as well as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and European companies in financing, licensing, M&A, and joint venture activities in the U.S.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, 1997
Fund for International Education Scholar, Osaka University School of Law, 1995
- M.B.A., Wisconsin School of Business, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1997
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1993
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, Penn/Wharton Alumni Associations of San Diego and Los Angeles
- Member, Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation
- Instructor in Venture Capital, University of California San Diego—Extension
- Former Chair, Economic Development Committee and Cleantech Subcommittee, San Diego North Chamber of Commerce
- Former President, Chair, and Board Member, Japan Society of San Diego and Tijuana
- Former Co-Chair, Judicial Endorsements Committee, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Union of Pan Asian Communities (UPAC)
ADMISSIONS : State Bar of California
Rate : $$$