Kevin C. Mortimer engages in an expansive array of litigation matters, including construction, real estate, securities, class action, insurance, and complex business litigation. He represents and counsels individuals and businesses, both large and small, in all stages of litigation, arbitration, mediation, negotiations, commercial disputes, and contracting.
Kevin constantly strives to provide his clients with an efficient, tireless and responsive approach aimed towards avoiding litigation when possible. With prior experience as a project management operational consultant at a boutique mechanical engineering subcontracting firm and a large commercial real estate company, Kevin provides a well-informed perspective for practice groups concentrated on construction and real estate litigation.
Moreover, Kevin has extensive experience in matters concerning institutional class action recovery, securities litigation, commercial litigation, and complex insurance coverage analysis and disputes.
Kevin is also actively engaged in Mintz’s pro bono efforts. As Mintz’s chair of the “Lawyer for the Day” pro bono program at Boston’s Housing Court, Kevin provides legal representation in civil matters to low-income tenants seeking resolution of disputes with their landlords.
While in law school, Kevin held the position of Online Editor of the New England Law Review, and was three-time recipient of both the Dean’s Scholarship and the New England Scholar Award. Kevin also ranked highest among his classmates in the courses of Labor Law, Negotiation, Massachusetts Practice and Procedure, Family Law, and Commercial Real Estate Capstone.
Prior to law school, Kevin attended Trinity College, where he captained the NESCAC champion Trinity College Baseball Team and graduated as a member of Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society in Social Sciences.
Outside of the office, Kevin is a regular participant in the Mintz hockey team’s weekly game, as well as a contributor to local charitable events for the armed services, and juvenile diabetes and cancer research.
- Represents owners, both large and small, in mediation and arbitration concerning construction and design defects.
- Coordinates discovery and expert investigation and analysis in complex class action, securities, and construction litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Represented an owner in defense of a claim by a commercial tenant that the facility was not SCIF compliant.
- Coordinated discovery and trial preparation in connection with a client’s alleged violations of federal securities laws.
- Advised clients on land use matters, including complex zoning analysis in connection with the purchase and sale of commercial real estate.
- New England Law (JD, magna cum laude)
- Trinity College (BA, Economics)
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$