Kevin L. Wright specializes in representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, most notably in the area of employee benefits and benefit plans. He has specific expertise about multiemployer pension and welfare plans, serving as plan counsel and counseling employers on the interplay of collective bargaining and withdrawal liability and on the following laws :
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- The Pension Protection Act
- The Multiemployer Pension Plan Amendments Act
Kevin also offers advice regarding benefits administration and ERISA and Internal Revenue Code compliance. Additionally, Kevin represents plan administrators and employers in benefits-related litigation, including claims for breach of fiduciary duty, withdrawal liability assessments and claims under the Pension Protection Act.
He also assists employers with audits before – and in benefits-related litigation against – the Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service and serves as co-general counsel for a national jointly-trusteed multiemployer pension and health benefits plan with over $5 billion in assets.
A frequent speaker before business and professional associations throughout the country Kevin writes extensively on a variety of labor and employee benefits topics. He is the former Office Managing Shareholder of Littler Mendelson’s Washington, D.C., office. Previously, Kevin was an associate in the labor and employment practice of another firm in Washington, D.C.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1987
- B.A., Harvard University, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- Virginia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$