Kimberly F. Williams focuses her practice exclusively on labor and employment law. She has experience representing employers in employment litigation matters involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful discharge.
Kimberly also represents clients in enforcing and defending against non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements and in litigation concerning claims of unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, and breach of contract.
She also has experience representing employers before various state and federal administrative agencies, including the Texas Workforce Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the Office of Administrative Law Judges and the Administrative Review Board.
Kimberly provides employment counseling and advice to clients on a variety of matters, including hiring, firing, and other disciplinary action, wage and hour issues, leave issues and compliance with federal and state employment-related laws and regulations. Kimberly is also a member of the Firm’s Board of Directors.
- Defended individual and collective action claims for unpaid overtime and misclassification of employees in numerous industries, including food services and oilfield services
- Counseled numerous clients on wage and hour compliance and conducted internal wage and hour audits involving independent contractor issues, exempt vs. non-exempt classifications, travel time, work from home, pay-related policies, flexible workweek method of payment, and other minimum wage and overtime issues
- Defended employers in a variety of industries before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Office of Administrative Law Judges and the Administrative Review Board involving claims for whistleblower retaliation under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Represented employers in a variety of industries, including insurance, consulting, manufacturing, distributing, healthcare, retail, higher education, and construction, in cases involving claims of age, sex, race, and disability discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and various state law claims
- Represented employers in appeals at the state and federal level, including the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Court of Appeals for the Fifth District of Texas
- Represented employers in numerous cases involving violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Texas Payday Act
- Represented both employers and employees in cases involving covenants not to compete, misappropriation of trade secrets, and unfair competition
- Counseled clients regarding compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Counseled clients regarding plant closings and layoffs, including compliance with the WARN Act
- Drafted executive employment agreements and executive severance agreements for companies in a variety of industries
- Advised clients regarding compliance with the Service Contract Act and EO 11246
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Member, Dallas Human Resource Management Association
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management
- J.D., with honors, Baylor University School of Law, 2005
- B.A., The University of Texas at Austin, 2002
Admissions : Texas, 2005
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$