Kristin Spencer focuses her practice on counseling clients in the healthcare industry with respect to internal investigations, inquiries and investigations by federal and state enforcement authorities, and related litigation involving alleged violations of the anti-kickback statute, civil False Claims Act, Medicare reimbursement laws, and laws regulating managed care organizations.
In addition, Kristin has assisted pro bono clients on a number of matters, including acting as a Special Prosecutor for the City of Redondo Beach as part of the firm’s Trial Advocacy Prosecution Program, and representing families in adoption and foster benefits proceedings. Kristin also volunteers as a coach for Garden Grove High School’s Mock Trial program.
- Counseling a leading Medicare Advantage organization in connection with internal investigations into alleged anti-kickback statute and false claims violations.
- Defending a national managed-care organization in a qui tam action asserting claims under the California and federal False Claims Acts concerning compliance with Medicare Advantage regulations, including allegations related to inflated premiums resulting from inaccurate risk-adjustment submissions.
- Counseling a national Medicare Advantage organization in connection with state and federal investigations into Medicare risk-adjustment submission practices.
- Advising a health care organization with respect to a state investigation concerning prescription drug benefits.
- Counseling various health care organizations with respect to compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, including the anti-kickback statute and Medicare Secondary Payer Act.
- Yale University, J.D.
- Washington State University, B.A., History and Political Science
Rate : $$$$