Kristopher S. Davis has extensive experience in all forms of complex commercial litigation concerning land use and development. He regularly counsels and represents clients in a wide variety of matters, including business, unfair competition, intellectual property, privacy and trust and estate disputes. Kris is co-chair of the firm’s Construction, Energy, Environment & Real Estate Litigation Team and a member of the Entertainment Litigation Team.
- Colorado River Indian Tribes v. United States Dept. of the Interior, et al.Defended an action brought by a Tribe for alleged NEPA, NHPA and FLPMA violations to vacate the approvals of the Modified Blythe Solar Power Project and enjoin the project’s development (obtained summary judgment).
- Defenders of Wildlife v. Jewell, et al. Defended an ESA and NEPA action seeking to enjoin the Silver State South Project located near Las Vegas, Nevada (obtained summary judgment).
- Coalition for Responsible Solar, et al. v. City of Adelanto, et al. (Aries Solar Holding, LLC) Defended a writ petition for alleged CEQA violations seeking to overturn the City’s approval of the Aries Solar Project (obtained denial of writ).
- California Unions for Reliable Energy v. U.S. Dep’t of the Interior, et al.: Defended an action brought by a coalition of labor unions against the Federal Government to enjoin the development of the Genesis Sol.ar Energy Project for alleged NEPA violations (obtained dismissal of all claims).
- Defended landowner actions in Iowa and Illinois for alleged nuisance and contract claims concerning wind energy projects.
- Luz Solar Partners Ltd., III, et al. v. San Bernardino County et al. Prosecuting on appeal a multimillion-dollar property tax action against the County concerning the California Revenue and Taxation Code’s solar project exemption.
- Luko v. eHarmony, Inc.: Defended class action alleging violation of consumer privacy statute (obtained dismissal of the action).
- DirecTV, Inc. v. Brightpath, LLC: Prosecuted indemnity claims arising from the sale of membership interests in the multimillion-dollar sale of a home service provider.
- In re 1995 Cook Familty Trust, et al. Defended the trustee in one of the largest trust litigations ever in the State of Nevada concerning the distribution of trust proceeds (approximately $500 million) arising from the sale of Kelley Blue Book.
- Jones v. Universal Network Television, LLC, et al.: Defended wrongful termination, sexual harassment and retaliation claims brought against the supervisors of the props department on the television show “House.”
- UCLA School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Rate : $$$