South Hope Street 333Los Angeles 90071 CA US
Kyle J. Mathews is a partner in the Finance and Bankruptcy Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Mathews specializes in the following areas:
- Asset Based Lending
- Defaulted Loan Workouts
- Secured Creditor Remedies Enforcement (e.g. Article 9 public and private sales and receiverships)
- J.D., University of Southern California, 2001, Order of the Coif, Co-Executive Editor, Law Review
- B.A., University of Southern California, 1998, magna cum laude
- Represented non-bank asset based lender in documenting 100+ loans (between $2MM and $10MM), engaging in workout/ distress sales with respect to over a dozen of such loans, while incurring de minimis losses.
- Assisted bank in obtaining the appointment of a federal receiver over an operating company borrower (the receiver then filed a voluntary bankruptcy petition to facilitate a 363 sale) and obtaining a waiver of turnover to permit receiver to remain in place throughout the sale process.
- Negotiated favorable debt restructuring and intercreditor agreement on behalf of one of three secured creditors in consolidated bankruptcy cases of multiple related car wash operators and assisted in sale of restructured notes.
- Current Chair, Loan Workouts Sub-Committee, Commercial Finance Committee, Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Former Vice Chair, Loan Workouts Sub-Committee, Commercial Finance Committee, Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Former Vice Co-Chair of Programs, Commercial Finance Committee, Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Former Chair, Programs Sub-Committee, Trust Indentures and Indenture Trustees Committee, Section on Business Law, American Bar Association
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
Rate : $$$$