Lance Brasher is global head of Skadden’s Energy and Infrastructure Group. He is a corporate attorney concentrating in M&A, financing and development transactions involving energy and infrastructure facilities in the United States and around the world.
Mr. Brasher advises strategic investors, developers, borrowers, tax equity investors, funds, lenders and utilities in all phases of solar, wind and other renewable energy projects; gas and thermal power plants; transmission lines; electric distribution assets; LNG and gas processing facilities; natural gas pipelines; related energy companies; and transportation, water infrastructure facilities and sports facilities. Representative transactions include:
- Bank of New York Mellon in a $400 million tax equity investment in four wind projects;
- EDF Renewable Energy in the merger of its affiliate and groSolar, a developer and construction contractor of solar projects;
- Emera Energy in the $223.3 million sale of its 49 percent interest in a 419 MW portfolio of wind projects to First Wind;
- Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse and Merrill Lynch in the $92 million IPO of common stock of SolarCity;
- a leading tax equity investor in the acquisition and disposition of ownership and tax equity interests in solar and wind projects;
- Mizuho in connection with the project financing of the 242 MW Birchwood coal-fired power station;
- NorthWestern Energy in its $900 million acquisition of a 633 MW portfolio of 11 hydroelectric generating facilities, a related bridge financing and $450 million bond financing;
- Quantum Utility Generation in the construction and sale of the 40 MW Passadumkeag wind farm to Southern Power Company;
Following graduation from the United States Naval Academy, Mr. Brasher was an officer in the U.S. Navy, serving three years on the USS Harry W. Hill, a navy destroyer, and two years as an economist and operations analyst with the Center for Naval Analyses.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1990 (cum laude)
- B.S., United States Naval Academy, 1982 (with distinction)
- District of Columbia
- New Mexico
Rate : $$$